April 06, 2007

Baby Update:

I went to the doctor yesterday and I am STILL 3 cm dialated. The big change is that I am 75% effaced, and last week I was only 50% effaced. Don't ask me what effaced is, I only have a vague idea. How long could things go on like this? Well, as the doctor assured me, they won't go on like this FOREVER. I will have then baby someday. That's it, that's all I know.
My family is convinced that I will have the baby on Easter, thus ruining thier plans for a middle eastern Easter meal. Traditionally we try a new cuisine each Easter (we've done German, Greek, and others), and Paul's family usually joins my family (a special treat for us!).
Today is so beautiful. The weatherman promised 77 degrees! Paul "walked me" this morning (I don't go on my own anymore) which is part of our feeble attempts to get this kid in gear. I am about to make a picnic lunch for Paul and I. I don't know where we will take it yet, maybe up to the Oly Farmer's Market, which just opened up.
In other news, after a long battle with qwest in which they insisted that there was no DSL in our area, even though ALL our neighbors have it, we are finally getting DSL. Do you know how excited I am? The only thing that kept me sane this long was the fact that I had fast internet at school, but with my maternity leave I won't have that. Imagine the possibilities! I have so many things I want to put on ebay, but haven't because it takes soooo long.
Enjoy this day!

3 comments:

Aly sun said...

It's a lovely day here as well! I am soaking up the sun and went to the nusery this morning and bought trees.
I love to hear your updates and I also struggling to get DSL. What is your secret to persuading Quest? I go a little battier every day with dial-up!

Annie said...

Alysun,
Our neighbor gave us the number of the local quest service person, who in turn called quest, who in turn called us. The thing is, they really do offer it on our hill, but because of a computer glich, they kept insisting that we couldn't have it.
Annie

Andee said...

Hang in there, Annie! Baby fever only makes spring fever that much worse, but he'll make it out eventually. Then time will never crawl again. Best wishes while you wait!