April 10, 2007

Words I hate:

Yes, I know hate is a strong word, but aren't you allowed to be irked when you are pregnant? I'm normally a pretty optimistic person, really I am! Anyway, these are the words:

"The baby will come when he's ready." (imagine me saying this in a sing-songy, mocking voice)

OK-
1. I already know that.
2. It doesn't make me feel any better.
3. It really bothers me. It's like the culmination of all the really annoying things people have said to me throughout my whole pregnancy (which I am really good at ignoring by the way). If you've ever been pregnant, do you ever feel like people are more obsessed with you pregnancy than you are? Good grief people, let it go.

Thanks for letting me vent, blogosphere.

Coming soon: Pictures from Easter! My family (mostly my brother) made Middle Eastern food and it was delicious. Some of Paul's fam came up too and they brought us the cutest crib mobile that plays rainforest sounds (get it? they're from Costa Rica?) Also, the church was PACKED, which always makes me happy. Our church did an evangelistic play this year. I am waiting to post the pictures until we get our DSL, just cuz I wanna try it out. We should get it tomorrow.

Love and Blessings!

2 comments:

Jeana said...

That was an awesome post from Andee. Thanks for sharing--I really needed to read those words. And you are totally allowed to hate the annoying things people say about pregnancy and birth. So far the number one question I get asked about Tobin is, "Is he sleeping through the night yet?" I'm like, "He's one week old...what do YOU think?" People--gotta love 'em!

Aly sun said...

I've been pretty ill feeling with both pregnancies so far and I really don't enjoy people's comments on the subject.
"You'll feel better after 3 months." Ya, right. Or...
"Feeling sick guartees a healthy pregnancy." Or...
"Oh, ya I was sick when I was pregnant. Have you tried ginger?"
People, the mean well, but when you are in the trenches, the words don't comfort at all.