February 20, 2007

Our Weekend

This weekend we went to Portland for Dan Robinson's birthday party. We also made our first trip to Babies R Us (talk about overwhelming) and got to hang out with our friends. I also officially started "nesting". I honestly haven't felt the urge to get ready for the baby yet, but for some reason yesterday (President's Day is a day off for me) it happened. I just really NEEDED to wash all those baby clothes and pack his little diaper bag for the hospital.

By the way, if you are thinking about buying Elias something, he doesn't need any more newborn clothes. We have that covered. You can see the two baskets full of mostly newborn clothes and blankets. Thanks to everyone who has been donating thier hand me downs!




Another sad thing that happened is that one of our dogs is missing. Our other dog, Dexter, has been moping around for four days, missing his friend. He literally lays by our back door all day and whines when we come out. We don't know what happened to our dog. We've even checked at the pound. We are hoping he is off with some lady friend, but we think he might be gone for good.



Elias likes listening to music. I noticed that when Paul plays the guitar he kicks, and when we went to our old church in Portland, Mosaic, this weekend, he was kicking when the music is playing. So here we are introducing him to 5 O Clock People. He likes it. Either that or he is kicking for us to stop, who knows.





I also started reading this book, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer, I really don't like the title, but so far it's good and it makes sense to me. I've also read Babywise. Please leave a comment with a recommendation if you know of any other good ones.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babywise is a must! Take the good leave the bad (just include the schedule) and you will be one happy momma and your baby will sleep. I highly recommend this book to everyone I know. It works!!!

Jeana said...

So cute about 5 O'Clock People (one our favorite bands)! Isn't it fun to feel him kick?!

I haven't read either of the books, but I'm interested to know more of your thoughts and opinions on Secrets of the Baby Whisperer.

Also, I LOVE your red couch! And I hope your dog turns up--that's gotta be worrisome. =(

Anonymous said...

We went to Babies R Us this weekend too! We registered there and at Target. I'm glad you thought it was overwhelming too. Maybe it's just because I'm having twins but registering was HARD! I'd done a lot of research, but even then, it was still stressful! I think I'm done now, which is a huge relief!

When are you due?

Anonymous said...

Some families find their babies "fit" well with Babywise, some families find it is not a good fit. The more you read about infant growth, nutrition, breastfeeding, the better! Ezzo.Info and Awareparent.Net are good websites, too.



LoriMomof3

Aly sun said...

Annie,
You know I love Baby Wise and recommend it. The best part you can take from "The Whisperer" and "Baby Wise" (also, "Happiest Baby on the Block") is that babies love routine. I followed Baby Wise and had a very happy baby who people always commented, "You got a good one!" Well, I think the routine has a lot to do with it as well.
The only thing I would say different than Baby Wise does, is cuddle your baby more. Rock that sweet boy to sleep every now and then. My baby is now 2 and no more cuddles! The time really does go by fast.

Annie said...

Thanks for all of your info. Our dog is still missing. Thanks for the comment on our couch Jeana, when we bought it (about 3 or 4 years ago) I said, "Paul, that is a very sexy couch." I have always wanted a red couch.
I know Babywise is controversial, so many of my friends have had success with it that I would be stupid not to read it. I am carefully not to take anything that I read too seriously because, as my husband says, sometimes I read so much that I lose common sense. Still, it's all good information to have. I am due April 17th.