February 23, 2007


Friday Favorites: LaLoo's Goat's Milk Ice Cream
I love this stuff. It's expensive (try over 5$ for a small pint), but after my doctor's appointment yesterday I stopped by my food co-op to get some. I can't have regular dairy, and as much as I love soy ice cream, there is just nothing like the taste and consistancy of real milk ice cream. I haven't bought it in over a year, so it's a really big treat for me. The good thing is that it is sooooo chocolaty that you can't eat very much at one time, so it lasts. My other favorite goat milk products are yogurt and cheese. They are expensive but I have been buying them more since being pregnant because I figure the baby needs the dairy (or at least that's what I'm telling myself). I do buy the goat milk and substitute it in recipes that call for milk, my husband can't tell the difference. As goat milk products become more popular I am hoping that they will come down in price.
Yesterday I had my 32 week (8 month) appointment and it looks as if the baby is HEAD DOWN!! Yea! I had my suspicions that he was in this position for a while, so hopefully he won't move in the next few weeks. The head down position means he is in the best position for birth. He still has a few weeks to move around before he becomes too big to flip around, so I am hoping he will stay that way.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Eric Rubin said...

My wife and I are currently working on getting pregnant and she is trying to "get healthy" in preparation. She is very worried about gaining too much weight and is trying to prepare her body for the new addition. it is our first attempt at getting pregnant so we are a little nervous about what to expect. It seems to me though that weight gain is unique to each person. I'm not a doctor, but I imagine that there is not one right answer for everyone.

We got some advice from a mother-friend of ours to try and find foods that satisfy your cravings as well as being healthy. Tough to do - I know. My wife is a big chocolate ice cream lover and she couldn't imagine life without it. Thanks to another lactose-intolerant friend, we found Laloo's Goat's Milk Ice Cream and loved it! Apparently, it has almost half the fat and calorie content than moo milk. My wife loves that she can grab a scoop or two daily to satiate herself and not overeat or gain weight.

The story of how Laloo's got started is pretty cool. It is run by a mom who ditched her high-powered LA lifestyle in hopes of making a difference in the world. check it out on their web site: www.goatsmilkicecream.com - I think there is a coupon on the homepage.