January 22, 2007

Yes, they say the funniest things...

I have a new girl in my class. Here is a bit of funnyness from her.

HER: "I'm turning six in July. I'll invite you to my birthday party, if you're still alive."

ME: "Why wouldn't I be alive?"

HER: "Well, it's a long ways away. You might even be sixteen by then."

I am always delighted to have one of those uninhibited children in my class. You know, the ones who get up in the middle of my teaching just to visit the turtle. They make things funny. Speaking of turtles, when I got to school this morning I could smell turtle stink from down the hallway. I knew immediately that the filter had stopped working over the weekend. I had gotten to work half an hour early to get some work done, but I ended up spending that time cleaning out a stinky turtle aquarium instead. Oh, here's another one.

Upon seeing the apple symbol on the computer in the library, kindergartener says to the librarian:

"Oh, I see you got your computer from Applebee's"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these comments! my kids say things all the time but i forget to write them down and my memory is horrible. i'm going to have to start! kids truly DO add joy to our days :) wouldn't you agree?! :)