December 02, 2006

"Honestly, a snow day is indescribable bliss, nature's mental health day, and one of the greatest occupational perks ever known to man or woman. Reason enough to go into teaching...though I must say, the kids are pretty fun, too!"

~Esme Raji Codell

One of the things I most love about teaching is reading books aloud to my kids. I have often thought of being a children's librarian and probably would if the job security were not so horrible. Esme Raji Codell is a teacher and author who speaks out for children's literature and reading aloud to children - one of the best things you can do for your child! If you are looking for quality books to read to your students or children she has timely and witty recommendations on her blog and also on her website.

1 comment:

Jeana said...

I've read her books, "Educating Esme" and "Sahara Special". She seems like a fun and very cool woman. Thanks for pointing out her website and blog!