March 03, 2004

This morning - very, very early in the morning Paul and I heard helicopters circling around and around.

"They must be looking for a fugative," I thought.

When we woke up we could still hear them, there is a rapist on the loose in our neighborhood (don't worry mom my husband is watching out for me and has pronouced death to the man who harms his wife) so we thought maybe they were looking for him.

That is, until I went to work this morning. I was driving to the Hawthorne bridge and just on the corner of Hawthorne and Grand is the courthouse building (about 12 blocks away from our home sweet fourplex) and all the gay couples were lined up to get married. There were reporters and everything.

Then I got to work and I had to call the person I was subbing for. Guess where she was? At the courthouse getting MARRIED to her partner.

Then as I was coming home I saw the same scene again only huge. News trucks, helicopters, the works. Paul and I are going to walk down there now and watch the circus. History in the making whether you like it or not.

No comments: