January 31, 2007

"Hey, look, a bean."

he said to me as he opened up a biology book from college. He was researching our changing baby boy. A bean fell out of the book. We smiled at each other, knowing.

"Five years."

"Yep, five years."

The significance of the bean is this: five and a half years ago, when Paul and I were married, beans were the main player in a practical joke Paul's family pulled on us while we were on our honeymoon. When we got home to our 400 square foot, tiny but so cute apartment, we found beans everywhere. Beans in bowls, shoes, pockets, books, under the bed, on top of window ledges, behind furniture, everywhere. We didn't find some of the beans until be moved out of that apartment two years later. Every time we move, we find more beans. Five years later and awaiting the birth of our first child, we're still finding beans.

All I have to say is, "Good one, Robinson family, someday we will get you back."

1 comment:

kara said...

What a great bean story you have. I love that you are still finding them. I remember when you and Paul came home to your tiny apartment- I can't believe it has been 5 years.