September 13, 2006

post #602:

I noticed some of my students digging a big hole in the pea gravel under the big toy in the playground.

ME: "What are you doing guys?"
Them: (nonchalantly) "We're digging to find the devil."

I also have this little girl who goes around telling all the other kids that Santa isn't real. You can imagine the conundrum this puts me in. It's a very emotional issue for a kindergartener. She even uses logic, "Well, have you ever SEEN him riding around in the sky?" The other student thinks for a while, "Hmmmm, no."

Yes, and today was a tough day. We had a throwup, a painting mishap, and my nerves are a bit fried. About 40 Clorox Wipes, multiple hand washings and a fruit salad later I'm doing much better. You might think this is an easy job. Honey it's not.

No comments: