August 15, 2005

"any die hard garage sale shopper's motto is: buy first, think later"

-Sarah Marie Chance

I haven't done much garage saling this year because we really don't have room for much more stuff, but it is by far one of my favorite things to do in the summer. I love a bargain! And so does my Dad. He bought my mom a surger (this is like a sewing machine only better) for 25 dollars last weekend that had been used once. My best find ever was a Kitchenaid Mixer for 50 dollars at an estate sale. Although an estate sale is pretty morbid (going through a dead persons belongings) the thrill of the deal is very exciting to me. I would describe it as "morbidly thrilling".

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

I hear ya! I love a good deal. That surger is amazing. Those are like $2000! What a deal.