June 14, 2005

School is finally over and the long days stretch out before me. September seems so far away. I am on my fourth day of freedom and have not yet run out of things to do (and I do count daily naps as something to do). Paul is not faring so well. He is a much more action driven person for which being AT home means that you are NOT out doing something marvelous and wonderful in the wilderness. We were in Portland this last weekend and did some fun things. I was able to try some goat's milk ice cream from Whole Foods. I have an allergy to cow's milk which keeps me from eating two of my favorite things - cheese and ice cream. I recently found out that goat's milk does not effect me in the same way. It was actually heavenly and did really taste goaty at all, though Paul swears he can tell a difference. Both Paul and I love to try different kinds of goat cheese, this may sound a little fancy schmancy to you but Paul started snacking on my goat cheese behind my back one time when there were no other snacks and has developed a taste for it. We went to Mosaic, our old church and saw all of our friends. We went out to lunch with our friends Kara and Jason. We stocked up on groceries from Trader Joes. That was Portland Oregon.
We were discussing going to Yosemite tomorrow, but is seemed a bit spur of the moment. Paul just said, "let's go". I don't know where we are going.

No comments: